Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tit for Tat

"Lone Ranger" miniature 4x4" oil on black canvas board

The Lone Ranger flies again! Another miniature in my bird series, this one is a Blue Tit easily recognizable by its blue and yellow plumage. They are widespread and a common resident breeder throughout Europe and western Asia living in deciduous or mixed woodlands. The blue tit prefers insects and spiders for their diet. They are famed for their skill, as they can cling to the outermost branches and hang upside down when looking for food.


Thanks for hanging out on limb with me today. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

 nancy
_____________________________________________________________________________________
To see more of my art or to contact me: Online Gallery  • E-mail  •  Website  •  Graphic Design Studio 

2 comments:

  1. When I lived in London a blue tit built a nest behing a loose brick next to my kitchen window, and for weeks we were entertained by the cheeping of the babies being fed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome to have actually seen one of these little masked birds in the wild. Their markings are so distinctive, if I ever come across one, I'll have no trouble identifying. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete