Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Montana Moments

"Montana Solitude" 6x6" oil on Gessobord
SOLD
"Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness." —Rumi

I painted this plein air piece on the first morning we arrived in Montana, from atop of the hill where my sister and brother-in-law's main house is perched. Gazing out across the property I noticed the isolated house off in the distance. It lay nestled in the lap of golden valley, surrounded by looming mountains, donned with a touch of lingering snow on the farthest peak. The house looked a bit vulnerable, as if it were about to be devoured and disappear into the foreboding shadowy background.

As the morning ended I realized, I was the one who had been swallowed up, up into the delightful solitude of the moment. 


Painting is always my medium of choice to disappear into a day! 


Thanks for viewing,

nancy

To see more of my art click Online Gallery  Email  • Website  •  Graphic Design Studio • Fine Art America

No comments:

Post a Comment