Monday, November 26, 2018

The Shoppers

"The Shoppers", 5x7" watercolor

I recently had a foot surgery and have been in a cast and unable to put any weight on my foot. Thus I haven't been able to stand and paint at my easel for the past three weeks. However, watercolors are the perfect solution. I can sit at my kitchen table and paint for hours on end. 

I have enjoyed getting back into the swing of painting in this odorless medium which requires minimal cleanup. I started out in watercolors many, many years ago and loved it, but didn't think the colors were screaming loud enough so I switched to oils. I'm sure I'll continue to work in oils once I am back on my feet, but may very well continue playing with watercolor. 

Hmm...perhaps I should also try finger painting? 



Here is my tiny portable setup. I love this compact little Windsor Newton product which makes art a breeze when I am traveling. 

The reference for this photo was posted on DailyPaintworks as a challenge painting.

Thanks for stopping to view my work. 
nancy



To see more of my art click Online Gallery  Email  • Website  •  Graphic Design Studio • Fine Art America

No comments:

Post a Comment