Monday, April 23, 2012

Making Tracks

"Making Tracks" 6x6" oil on canvas panel 

“Time goes faster the more hollow it is. Lives with no meaning go straight past you, like trains that don’t stop at your station.”Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind

 
We had stopped for gas in a little town outside of San Antonio. The late afternoon sun seemed to be dripping warm golden honey all across the landscape. I snapped a photo of a train passing by on the rickety tracks that stretched all the way to the focal point looming on the horizon. This is where all lines in perspective converge. This train is hardly empty, sea-land containers stacked one a top the other, no doubt loaded full of all the stuff we import, most likely from China or Indonesia.


"Art is the outward expression of the inner life of the artist and this inner life will result in his personal vision of the world." — Edward Hopper

Trains always appear alone and haunting to me, as they race against the clock, huffing and puffing to arrive somewhere in the end on time. Our lives are like trains, we tug and pull all our linked cars packed full of the physical and emotional baggage accumulated over a life time. Clickety-clack we race along on our own set of tracks, under deadlines and pressures, slowing down now and again to add more cars to the heavy load. All aboard! Clickety-clack, clickety-clack, clickety-clack.

I could see in my mind how I wanted this painting to come out and was really happy with the resulting mood and color. 

Thanks for boarding today and stopping long enough to view my painting. 
 
nancy
 
To view all of my available paintings in my gallery click here http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/nancy-parsons-122  
* Sold pieces are marked with a red dot.
My blog: www.headondownthehighway.blogspot.com
My graphic design business: www.graphicdesigngroup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment