Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Shedding Light

"Shedding Light" 6x6" oil on canvas panel

Click to Purchase


The scene reminds me of a song from my childhood that goes, "In a cottage by the wood, little man at the window stood, saw a rabbit hopping by knocking at my door. Help me! Help me! Help me, he cried! Lest the hunter shoot me dead. Little rabbit come inside, safely you'll abide."

Shedding a little light on the subject, this shed engulfed in the warm rays of morning light, seems pretty glorious to me, especially the day after Easter. However, now that I think about it, I don't really see a window, a little man, or for that matter even a rabbit? Actually, now that I am look closer, I am not sure if it's a shed after all? Heaven forbid! It may very well be an outhouse? Oh well, I just see what I feel is there. 

"Imagination is the eye for the inner world...When our eyes are graced with wonder, the world reveals its wonders to us." "When the imagination awakens, the inner world illuminates. We begin to glimpse things that no-one speaks about, that the outer world seems to ignore." —John O'Donohue, The Invisible Embrace Beauty

Thank you for viewing my shed with the red roof with or without the rabbit.
nancy


My graphic design business: www.graphicdesigngroup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment