Monday, June 4, 2012

End of the Line

"End of the Line" 6x6", oil on canvas panel

"I feel like I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe." 
~Author Unknown

I pass this beat-up old pickup every night while I am out walking my dog. It was driven here several years ago from somewhere in Montana and hasn't moved since. 

It's really quite alluring, sitting parked on the grass in the shade, covered in the dappled light that breaks through the canopy here on the edge of the forest. The paint is now faded and as dull as chalk but with a shabby-chic-kind-of-appeal. Most of the body is covered in patches of rust gnawing away at what used to be someone's prized possession. 

To me this truck is a piece of art, a sculpture. It begged to be painted back to life and immortalized on canvas. Beauty can be found in the most ordinary of places.

Thank you for parking on my lot today. 

nancy

To view all of my available paintings in my gallery click here http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/nancy-parsons-122  * Sold pieces are marked with a red dot.
My blog: www.headondownthehighway.blogspot.com
My graphic design business: www.graphicdesigngroup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment