Thursday, July 5, 2012

No Where To Run, No Where To Hide

"No Where To Run, No Where To Hide" 6x6" oil on canvas panel
 
 
"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home."
— Twyla Tharp

I just love painting objects peeking through other objects. You can see all sorts of distortions including the colors through the multiple layers of overlapping objects. Look at that very cool blue reflection that appeared inside the rose colored glass from the taller glass behind.

Actually these gem toned glasses weren't glass at all, but rather made of plastic. They are more opaque than glass so, it was harder to see the softer muted reflections. However, cross my heart, they really were there. 

I painted this still life outside in full sunlight which made the colors and shadows bounce everywhere. Isn't it a happy painting? I should have named this one Mardi Gras. It looks like a parade with confetti floating in the air!


Thanks for viewing my work!  
nancy

 
To view all of my available paintings in my gallery click here http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/nancy-parsons-122  * Sold pieces are marked with a red dot.

My graphic design business: www.graphicdesigngroup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment