Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Home Is Where Your Hat Lies

"Home is Where Your Hat Lies" 10x8" oil on gessobord

"Where thou art, that is home." — Emily Dickinson

From where I art, my home looks almost magical early in the morning as the sun begins peeking into corners of cool-gray lifeless windows, and prying open heavy lids of sleepy wooden blinds. Quickly the soft luster begins bouncing and dripping down the walls of the room as if caught in the middle of a paintball game. I love gazing at the dazzling light show as free-form patterns twirl about the room illuminating golden splashes on furniture, floors and walls, here and then there; perhaps directed by an invisible wand spattering glorious razzmatazz into the quickly vanishing darkness. 

I picked up this unique little bargain chair years ago in an antique shop. I was sure it must have belonged to a count or duchess. It was love a first glance. From where he art, hubby Dave wasn't too impressed with my prize find. However since then he has made use of it, serving as his own personal hat rack... Now does that not seem a bit sacrilegious

Thanks for visiting with me in my home today.
- nancy
_________________________________________
To see more of my art or to contact me: Online Gallery  • E-mail  •  Website  •  Graphic Design Studio •  Saatchi Gallery 

No comments:

Post a Comment