Friday, October 3, 2014

Simple Pleasures

"Simple Pleasures", 8x8", oil on museum quality Gessobord
​"That man is rich whose pleasures are the cheapest."  
                          — Henry David Thoreau

This painting was a commissioned piece, so not for sale. However, I wanted to share the memory of a simple childhood moment that brought such great pleasure and refreshment on a hot, steamy summer afternoon growing up in St. Louis.

I think I derived as much pleasure painting this as I did as a child partaking of a cherry popsicle...that is, as long as it didn't stick to my tongue. When it's all said and done, it really is the simple things in life that provide the greatest joy.​



Thanks to all who stopped by my booth last Sunday at the Bentwater Fine Arts Fair. I had a great time and sold four paintings! I was delighted to meet a couple of followers of this blog, who drove out just to meet me. Wow, that was an honor! 

The winner of the drawing for a set of my Songbird Note Cards was Belinda Faulkner. Congratulations, Belinda!


To see more of my art or to contact me: Online Gallery  • E-mail  •  Website  •  Graphic Design Studio •  Saatchi Gallery •  Fine Art America

No comments:

Post a Comment