Wednesday, September 8, 2010

3 NEW PAINTINGS

  

"On Golden Pasture" 7.5x12" Oil on canvas board
Standing in the cool summer shade on Lovers Lane in Absarokee, MT... as if by an invisible magic wand... the late afternoon sun painted a green pasture into a shining sea of wall-to-wall golden carpet right before my very eyes. I couldn't wait to capture this one on canvas.


"The Great and Powerful Oz" 7x5" Oil on canvas
The three cherries in this next painting remind me of the Tin Man, Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion as they stand alongside little Dorothy in her blue and white apron. They are all shaking in their boots before the Powerful Oz who has just spoken.  

"Shady Sid of the Shed" 7x5' Oil on canvas

This colorful little shed sits in spotted shade under tall billowy firs at the Fish Camp in Absarokee, MT. An old rusty barrel and a wheelbarrow sit with ears pressed flat up against its wooden sides, listening for the faint soft hum of the shed singing along in time to the chorus of the Rosebud River flowing nearby.

These paintings are now up for bid on my eBay Store. If you would like to place a bid click http://stores.ebay.com/Nancy-Parsons-Oil-Paintings  To view my entire portfolio click on http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancyparsons/?saved=1

2 comments:

  1. You're like a machine turning out paintings.
    Happen to see CBS Sunday Morning last Sunday. They had another water color artist that was really good.....her paintings looked like oils!
    Maybe I will take up water color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nora, thanks for your comments. I am sorry I missed Sunday Morning, I really love that show. I think you'd love watercolor and should just do it. We never know what latent talents might be lurking around just waiting for us to give them a try.

    love ya

    ReplyDelete