Wednesday, January 19, 2011

San Antonio Painting Workshop

I headed back on down the highway all last week for a five day painting workshop in San Antonio with one of my favorite still-life artists, Carol Marine. I worked hard and learned so much my brain hurts but hopefully my work will show the benefits. I had a great time and had my fill of some to-die-for Tex-Mex in the Alamo city.
My graphic design business got really busy the end of 2010, so I am behind in painting and posting. However, my New Years resolution is to paint on a daily basis, so you'll be seeing much more work from me on a regular basis. Here is one of the studies I painted in my workshop. In this lesson we were only allowed to put down one simple stroke of any one color at a time before mixing a new color and applying another stroke. It was a great lesson in noticing subtle value shifts of color.
Click here to place a bid
"The Big Apple" 6x8" Oil on canvas board 


No comments:

Post a Comment