Thursday, December 8, 2011

When, When Little Wren?

"When, When Little Wren?" 6x6" oil on Ampersand board

When, oh when, little Carolina Wren?...Will warmer weather come again? 

BRR! It was 26 degrees on my thermometer here in Conroe, Texas this morning. I get up at 4:30 a.m. several mornings a week (or is that still the middle of the night?) to swim laps at a local outdoor pool, covered only by an unheated tent. When I returned to my car after this morning's swim, it was so cold, I had to scrape ice off my windshield with a credit card in order to drive home....now that's cold!!! I know I can't complain compared to others in many parts of the world but it's all relevant.

NOTE: No matter what I do, I always end up having to post blurry photographs of my work. So, I am experimenting with scanning my paintings on my flatbed scanner directly to my computer. The quality sure looks a lot better and much more accurate. It's a tricky process since my paintings are always wet, but I took four paper clips and placed one under each corner of the painting, just barely catching the tips of the corners, so nothing would touch the glass except the paper clips. After scanning, I touched up the tiny bits of paper clip that were visible in the final image in Photoshop. Pretty cool, huh?

Thanks for dropping by!

nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment