Monday, March 11, 2013

Hanging Out

"Hanging Out" 6x6" oil on gessobord 

CLICK TO BUY

"Rest until you feel like playing, then play until you like resting, period. Never do anything else." — Martha Beck

Easier said than done. How about changing that quote to, work until you feel like resting, then rest until you feel like working? Sometimes we have to admit defeat and give into what our bodies are telling us.

I felt compelled to paint these blue jeans hanging in quiet repose "with nobody inside 'em." They're doing a terrific job of relaxing on a hanger until someone to comes along and pours life back into them. 

I don't know why sitting still and resting is so impossible for me? My mom swears she never could get me to take a nap when I was little. To this day, every time I tell myself I'm going to sit down and escape into some mindless TV show, all I can think about is what I should be doing and what all I'm not accomplishing. Now I have no trouble sleeping, so if I sit there more than 15 minutes, I'll
doze off. I admire people who can simply sit and rest, it makes me fidgety and restless. Gosh, I really need to work on that!!!  : )

Thanks for hang'n around with me today. 
 nancy 
© 2013 nancy parsons
_____________________________________________________
To see more of my art or to contact me: 
Gallery  •  Blog  • NEW WebsiteE-mail Graphic Design Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment