Saturday, June 29, 2013

SOLD -Lady in Waiting


"Lady in Waiting" 8x10" oil on gessobord
"Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly, and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love."—Leo Buscaglia
I wanted to share a recent painting of my youngest daughter, Allie. She's all grown up now, married, and so excited to be expecting their first baby in August. 
For this painting, I worked from photos I took of her sitting in the dappled light filtering through the trees beside my garden. I intentionally wanted the design to echo the gentle nurturing curve of her protruding belly throughout the painting. Curves can be found in the lines of the deck edge, in her hat, chair, bushes, in the bend of her knee, wrist, neckline of her dress, lips, folds of the shawl, and shoulders. 

As you probably guessed, this painting is not for sale; I gave it to her at the baby shower today. 
Thanks for coming by, I should have offered you a glass of lemonade. 
 

nancy
_____________________________________________________
To see more of my art or to contact me: 
Online Gallery  • E-mail Graphic Design Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment