Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Elsie Bliss

"Elsie Bliss" 20x20" oil on gallery wrapped canvas

Meet Elsie a local bovine residing at Old Oak Farm in Bellville, TX, right near the home of the Blue Bell Ice Creamery.  I spent an afternoon here trekking around on rolling pastures dotted with live oaks, carefully dodging cow paddies, while corralling willing cows to photograph. Elsie, with her sweet face, was my favorite. She was quite content to let me get close enough to snap photos of her. I don't know the first thing about cows but by the look in her eyes, she seems to be patiently bearing the weight of another soon-to-be life and telling me, "If you think this is huge just wait...I still have the summer to get through." 

Thank you for viewing my painting
- nancy


   

No comments:

Post a Comment