Friday, May 13, 2011

"Pairing Up"

"Pairing Up" 6x6" Oil on canvas panel
Click here to purchase

Blogger seems to be having a problem and has deleted my last two postings so I am reposting both of them now.

When I set up this still life and adjusted the lighting, the apple's shadow created a brilliant warm reflection in the middle of the dark shadow on the side of the pear. I just love it when that happens...so much fun to paint.

One good thing about painting fruit is that it doesn't wilt as fast as flowers, so you can take your time and don't have to paint like a whirling dervish in the middle of a Texas bonfire in mid-August.

Did you notice that sulking pear inside the bowl? She's sitting back in the cool dark pouting because she didn't get chosen to stand up front by the red center of attention. Thank you for viewing my painting
- nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment