Sunday, August 25, 2013

SOLD -Focus Pocus

"Focus Pocus" 6x6" oil on gessobord
"Dreams form the bristles of the artist's brush. And, as the eye functions as the brain's sentry, I communicate my inner most perceptions through art, my world view. In trying to probe beyond the ordinary and the known, I create an interior infinity."
 — Arshele Gorky

My husband came up with the title for this painting of our daughter, Brandy, and granddaughter, Juliet. They were sitting on an outside deck ordering lunch at the Oasis on Lake Travis in Austin, TX. Brandy is trying her best to interest Juliet in the menu, however, Juliet is having nothing to do with food or the attempts. Daydreaming, she is off in a world all her own, with visions of princess fairies dancing in her head, or at least that would be my guess? 

Being myself a closet daydreamer, I know so well, Juliet's far off stare. In fact, I was forever in trouble with the nuns at St. Peter's Elementary for staring out the window during class, lost in a mysterious and illusive interior world, I was always being lured off to the fleeting playground that beckoned.

I believe artist's are called in a special way, beyond the visible, to taste and see that which shines through the heart. It's there we recognize, express and share of the silent invisible bounty. Without access to this hidden interior landscape, beauty has a very hard time finding us.

St. Francis of Assisi said, "Praise and bless my Lord, and give him thanks, and serve him with great humility," I think this especially applies to artists. 

Thank you for turning your focus here today. 
nancy

To see more of my art or to contact me: 
Online Gallery  • E-mail Graphic Design Studio






No comments:

Post a Comment