Sunday, August 11, 2013

SOLD -I'll Be Your Best Friend

"I'll Be Your Best Friend" 6x6" oil on gessobord

CLICK TO BUY
"People teach their dogs to sit; it's a trick. I've been sitting my whole life, and a dog has never looked at me as though he thought I was tricky."
 —Mitch Hedberg

This sweet little face doesn't belong to me but when I saw the photo of a friend's Shih Tzu, I knew I had to pull out all paints for a puppy portrait. 

Man's best friend teaches us the meaning of perfect trust, loyalty, faithfulness and unconditional love. Our dogs seem to love us even more than we love ourselves asking nothing in return except a little scratch behind the ears, or better yet, on the old rump.

What is it about dog's eyes that are so profound? It's as if somewhere inside there's a trapped human with all the answers. If it's true all dogs go to heaven, my chihuahua is going to have some serious questions to answer such as: Why do you have to circle around and around before you finally lay down? On walks, what's up with the OCD sniffing...it's just grass!!! Why do you think you have the right to sleep under the covers with your legs stretched out at a 90 degree angle taking up half my bed, and then growling at me when I turn over? Why do you rub your neck over and over into the sidewalk...Hello, there's nothing there! And by the way, what was the purpose of that tail?

Seriously, dogs are a total blessing to the entire human race. I believe they were created to be an integral part of families. However if you have small children in the house beware, Erma Bombeck said, "When a child is locked in the bathroom with water running and he says he's doing nothing but the dog is barking, call 911." 

Thanks for walking by again today and treating me with your presence.

To see more of my art or to contact me: 
Online Gallery  • E-mail Graphic Design Studio

 



No comments:

Post a Comment