Thursday, March 17, 2011

SOLD -"Love At First Bite"

"Love At First Bite" 6x6" oil on museum quality canvas panel

I am really happy with the way this one turned out, especially with the saturation of the colors. That strong reflection in the base of the spoon was for real!
A dear friend gave me the bright, shiny little valentine heart, so I have been trying to figure out how to include it in one of my not-so-still lifes. Nothing like putting your heart out there...a simple dose of love can certainly work wonders to heal the bites of life. Perhaps in the wake of all that Japan is suffering right now, we can all reach out a little further to those around us with compassion, forgiveness, understanding, patience and love. A little love goes a long way.
Next week, I will be again be participating in the "Painting Challenge" at Daily Paint Works http://www.dailypaintworks.com. All proceeds from the sales will be donated to Japan. 


Thank you for viewing my painting.  - nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment