Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"Tulip Trap" 6x6"

"Tricky Tulips" 6x6" oil on museum quality canvas panel

Click to Purchase

These tumultuous tulips were awful models and totally uncooperative pranksters who tried every trick in the book yesterday. Their favorite trick was to make little moves every time I'd look away for a moment or two. No matter how quickly I'd turn back, I never could quite catch them in the act. Before I began my painting they were standing upright and pretending to be so stately and stoic but by the time I finished they had inched their way into totally different poses. The little rascal on the right managed a near 180 degree turn slouching his way down the side of the vase. Now, these same sly not-to-be-trusted tulips are standing tall again...and looking oh SO innocent!
Thank you for viewing my painting.  - nancy




No comments:

Post a Comment