Monday, April 4, 2011

"Road Less Traveled"

"Road Less Traveled" 8x6" oil on canvas panel

Click to Buy 

Finally I have the opportunity to paint another landscape. This was my submission in the Daily Paintwork's Weekly Challenge. We were given a couple of photographs taken along roadsides in Germany to paint from. The instructions were to edit out whatever we wanted to omit. I took that a step further to include information not exactly visible to the naked eye although sensed. I totally felt the grouping of trees on the right were practically on fire glowing with light and color. I kept the brush strokes very loose and let the red tint from the under canvas show through. I do like the energy in this one. I've included the photo.
    
Thank you for viewing my painting.
- nancy




2 comments: