Thursday, August 11, 2011

In the Shadow of Your Wings

"In the Shadow of Your Wings" 6x6" Oil on gessobord
Click to Place a Bid

More adventures of the traveling easel! I feel like I have been let out of a cage this week basking in the glory of new-found freedom. It's like I just gave myself permission to color outside the black lines. Woo-hoo, the Lone Ranger rides again! Wonder why I didn't think of this before? All of that time I spent trying to mask out all the bouncing reflected lights...what was I thinking? I love seeing the myriad of color appearing everywhere, especially in the shadows. It's like someone just turned the lights on for the first time!                                                                                                                            
Last night I drug my 8' tall wooden easel into the breakfast room where I spotlighted this barren orchid. That juicy red starlet saw this as her big chance to shine and literally jumped out of the fruit bowl, anxious to make her stage debut. I didn't have the heart to tell her this was her first and final debut.

Does anyone out there know how to get an orchid to bloom a second time? No matter how many songs I sing or tap dances I have performed, not a one of my three beautiful orchids will offer to produce an offspring. Anybody know any good jokes I can try?
Thanks for viewing my painting!
nancy 

 FREE SHIPPING
I am offering FREE shipping this summer within the U.S. on all paintings in my Daily Paint Works ebay and  Etsy stores. These small paintings look great in groups of two or more, and add interest and charm to an entry, kitchen, bath, sitting on a bookshelf, or other small areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment