Monday, August 8, 2011

Sunny Sextuplets

"Sunny Sextuplets" 6x6" Oil on Gessobord



Look what was just born at our house...a beautiful basket of bouncing baby sunflowers (reminding me of each of my six sisters). Okay, so maybe it's not really a basket, but somehow saying plastic container just didn't have the same ring to it. And while I'm coming clean here, this sunny clan of summer hotties weren't really born here either. They are actually silk clones, most likely of Chinese decent, that I picked up on a bargain table at Gardenridge. Oh well, sometimes you just have to use your imagination.

All of my "not-so-still lives" are normally arranged inside a makeshift light box; it's fashioned out of a cardboard box with the top and front sides cut off. Then, I set up a spot light to one side. This helps isolate the subject matter and control any bouncing light from other sources. However, I painted this scene of my kitchen table with morning light battling its way in through the cracks between the blinds. Don't you just love my red walls! I think I am going to have to overcome my control issues and come out of my box more often. 
 
Thank you for viewing my painting!
nancy
FREE SHIPPING
I am offering FREE shipping this summer within the U.S. on all paintings in my Daily Paint Works ebay and  Etsy stores. These small paintings look great in groups of two or more, and add interest and charm to an entry, kitchen, bath, sitting on a bookshelf, or other small areas. 
                                                                          FRAMES
To purchase online frames, check out the "floater" frames like those shown below. The paintings just gets glued onto it...super easy. http://www.kingofframe.com/6x6-Frames_c_22.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment