Monday, October 3, 2011

"Jeepers Peepers"

"Jeepers Creepers" 8x6" oil on canvas panel

Click to Purchase
Rangoon Creeper


Where'd you get those creepers? I took my easel out early Saturday morning to paint the soft morning light cutting through pines and oaks across the sleepy surface of our backyard pool, and spotlighting the tips of my favorite vine, a Rangoon Creeper. Also known as Chinese honeysuckle, this stunning plant grows along our fence producing fragrant blossoms ranging in hues from white to red all summer and stretching into fall. It literally makes me smile every time I see it. 
One of the joys of owning a pool is watching the reflections on a motionless glassy surface. It seems almost magical as the world around me flips totally upside down in mirror-like quality. An interesting fact about painting reflections on water is the fact that light colored objects appear darker and dark colored objects appear lighter. I know it sounds impossible but I challenge you to keen your peepers to witness this subtle phenomena. 
Thanks for viewing!
nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment