Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"Water's Edge"

"Water's Edge" 6x6" oil on canvas panel
Click to bid

This may be my last post for the week from Texas but hopefully I'll soon be posting some new landscapes of the bright fall colors of New England. Dave and I are heading to New Hampshire on Thursday and I have been praying the leaves will cling tight to their branches for just a few more days. I can hardly wait to hopefully catch the tail end of the leaves changing colors. I grew up in St. Louis and this is the one thing I literally mourn for every fall. Nothing I have ever beheld in this world makes me feel more alive and humbled to our Creator, than to stand in awe at the finale. To witness, if only one crisp autumn day, at the brilliant golden light of fall as it ignites leaves, branches and entire trees into blazing infernos of shimmering glory.    
 
I've been trying to bone up on some landscapes in preparation for our trip. This painting of deep cool blue water, with fallen leaves resting on its quiet early-morning surface, was taken from a photo on a trail in Huntsville State Park. It was sent to me by a friend who meandered along its gentle paths.
 
Thanks for viewing my work!
nancy

FREE SHIPPING
I am offering FREE shipping within the U.S. on all paintings in my Daily Paint Works and Etsy stores. These small paintings look great in groups of two or more, and add interest and charm to an entry, kitchen, bath, sitting on a bookshelf, or other small areas.

1 comment:

  1. . . . have a great trip to the northeast! We are flying to Houston this Thursday.

    ReplyDelete