Monday, August 6, 2012

SOLD -Light Into Darkness

" Light Into Darkness" 14x11" oil on stretched canvas
“Each time dawn appears, the mystery is there in its entirety.” — Rene Dauml

 This painting is what I looked out on each morning from our campsite in Chama, NM. Actually at the top of this hill was a puppy playground for campers to walk their dogs. I swear every RV must come equip with two dogs. Never one, always two. Anyway, I loved waking at the first crack of dawn and watching the sunlight roll in over the mountain tops and then drip it's course of light over the dark side of this hill like bright orange sticky molasses.

Thanks for rolling by today and for viewing my painting. 
nancy
To view all of my available paintings in my gallery click here http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/nancy-parsons-122  
* Sold pieces are marked with a red dot.
My graphic design studio: www.graphicdesigngroup.net

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! When we drive out of Alaska in September I am headed to Taos, NM. on the way back to Lafayette the first week of October. I need to figure out where Chama is! Your dog comment made me laugh. We travel with one little toy schnauzer, Olive Lou, and she LOVES the RV park dog playgrounds. You are right, so many people travel with two dogs. Olive Lou always reminds us of that fact as she would really love a playmate, LOL.

    Your paintings are beautiful. I admire how you capture light and shadow.
    Cheers!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise,
    Thanks so much for your comments. Wow, you're in Alaska...I am turning green!!! How great you get to be gone until October. Chama is just a bit northwest of Taos very close to the CO border. Sky Mountain is where we stayed in Chama. It's a small RV park on the river, but their park is Disney for doggies. : ) Warning: there are bears that frequent the camp at night. Have a great trip...traveling and painting is what makes life worth living. Enjoy every moment. We're heading back to Texas on Sunday. Drats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I just got caught up with your posts as it has been a busy time for me. This is my favorite recent post although they are all lovely and come with great comments and quotes. This little painting has such strong dark values that it just holds it all together perfectly. Just love it. Wish I were there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen,
    Thanks for your comments. This painting just called for a lot of dark, which is a first for me. I was happy with the end result. Come paint with me in Taos.

    ReplyDelete