Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Path of Light

Path of Light, 12x12", oil on stretched canvas
CLICK TO PURCHASE

“I watched the early morning light pass over and through the windows of colored glass, leaving streaks of red and green and yellow on the stone floor. When I was little, I used to try and capture the colored light. I thought I could hold it in my hand and carry it home. Now I know it is like happiness-- it is there or it is not, you cannot hold it or keep it.”
 — Karen Cushman 

 I walk by this little cabin first thing each morning just as the sun cuts along the river's path on my way to the campground showers. 
I couldn't resist painting this happy little slice in my current mountain world. The dull little structure sits adorned like a queen bedecked in jewels of Black-Eyed-Susans, clusters of miniature purple daisies and columbine. Standing guard on high alert is a small stand of shimmering aspen waving with fervor as I stroll by. 
I kept thinking any minute Hansel and Gretel might come running out the door with the wicked witch in high pursuit.  
My day started off royally and was a dandy!

Thanks for listening to my tales and for viewing my painting. 
nancy
_____________________________________________________
To see more of my art or to contact me:  

No comments:

Post a Comment