Sunday, October 7, 2012

Breath of Spirit

         "Best of all is to preserve everything in a pure, still heart, and let there be for every pulse a thanksgiving, and for every breath a song. — Konrad von Gesner

I haven't been able to paint as much as I would like lately. My world has been moving at a furious pace with design work demanding most all of my time. However yesterday, my spirit finally caught up with me... and I painted! 
 
I never seem to know what I am going to paint until I show up. It's interesting how the breath of inspiration always comes as a surprise visitor, spontaneous and unpredictable. Digging through photos of last summer, I came across this one from the Taos Ski Valley. I could again feel myself standing beside this bubbling mountain stream, soaking in the warm sunlight, as spirit summoned breath out of the dark sleepy shadows of late afternoon forest.  
Making time to wander in silence, my heart opens wide to inhale breath of spirit in all its mystery and splendor.

Thanks for pausing today to listen to my song and for viewing my painting.  
nancy
_____________________________________________________
To see more of my art or to contact me:  

2 comments:

  1. I love the simple shapes all beautifully done with nice loose marks. I look back at the work you did when you first started the blogging (2010) and have enjoyed seeing your progression of style.
    You always could draw well and that makes a huge difference, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,

    Thank you. I really appreciate your comments. It means so much especially coming from another painter whom I respect so highly. I do think that time and persistence has a way of clarifying, and refining our art voices if we stay loyal to our craft. I made the commitment to paint as often as possible in 2010. It sure has taken a long time coming, but I am beginning to feel like I am starting to make a little headway...just wish I could have gotten serious earlier in life. Oh well, it is what it is...better now than never.

    Yes, I agree with what you said about drawing. Drawing is the very basis of any good painting. If the drawing is wrong the painting won't work either.

    Thanks again for commenting. Best wishes to you on your journey.

    nancy

    ReplyDelete