Tuesday, September 17, 2013

SOLD - Big Momma and Little Jack


Big Momma and Jack, 6x6" oil on gessobord

VIEW IN GALLERY
STEP 1 Tone the panel and roughly sketch with turp and umber.
STEP 2
Working with thin paint, loosely begin laying in skin tones
"A baby is God's opinion that life should go on."
— Carl Sandburg

STEP 3
Continue laying in large flat areas and shapes of local color
STEP 4
Still working with thin paint, refining shapes, values, and larger details.
This is the hardest stage for me, I always start having doubts and 
think it not going to work.



 STEP 5
Making adjustments to drawing and begin to define with thicker applications of paint 
This is a commissioned painting, I have been working on from a photo reference of a tender moment captured between a great-grandmother holding her sweet great-grandson. 

I seem to be doing more figurative work lately, so I thought I'd share my step-by-step painting process with you to show how one of my paintings developed from start to finish. See steps 1-6 on right.  

The entire process took me about 12 hours to complete. I am learning more and more each day, and still have a long way to go, but I am having a heck of a lot of fun.

I also want to invite you to browse my NEW Website. I am so excited to be able to now offer my paintings for purchase as fine prints, canvases, note cards etc. Simply click on one of the paintings on my website to see all of the options available. It's so easy. Check it out here. 

If there is a specific painting  in my gallery you're interested that is not being shown on the website, just let me know and I will make it available for printing as well.

Thanks for letting me share.

To see more of my art or to contact me: 
Online Gallery  • E-mail  •  Website
• Graphic Design Studio 
STEP 6 
Continue refining adding highlights, adjusting edges, accentuate details, using thickest applications of paint.




No comments:

Post a Comment