Sunday, November 24, 2013

SOLD -Rock'n Baby Robin

"Rock'n Baby Robin" 4x4" Oil on black primed canvas board
 "I hope you love birds too. It is economical. It saves going to heaven."
— Emily Dickinson

As you have probably figured out by now... I love birds! They are a huge source of enjoyment for me. Whether I'm filling bird feeders, adding native plants with berries to my yard that birds love, or cleaning bird baths, they are never far from my heart. 

However, in the cold of winter, I feel so sorry for them stuck outside sitting on telephone wires in the cold and rain, or sleet and snow. In fact, it upsets me so much, I actually had to abandon watching the Dakorah, Iowa eaglets on live cam last year. Those babies looked so miserable huddling for warmth under parent's wings covered with snow... and then, the mom and dad always seemed to ignore one of the babies at feeding time. This nearly drove me crazy.

Perhaps the reason I love to paint birds in the winter, like today's content little robin, is that painting them works like psychotherapy. With just a little paint, I can simply teleport these feathered friends to a nice warm cozy setting with a clear blue spring sky. 

Right now here in Texas, we are being hit with a wet and cold wintery blast. Needless to say, I've been on a bird frenzy the past few days, throwing paint around like those bird's lives depended on me. I'll be introducing more of my miniature rescues over the next couple of days.

Thanks for dropping by my virtual bird rehab center...cheep, cheep!
nancy 


_____________________________________________________________________________________
To see more of my art or to contact me: Online Gallery  • E-mail  •  Website  •  Graphic Design Studio 

No comments:

Post a Comment