Monday, November 4, 2013

Tea Toddlers



 
"Tea Toddlers" 6x6" oil on gessobord





 "Tea to the English is really a picnic indoors."—Alice Walker
Would you care for a crumpet? This inviting setting speaks to me as clocks slipped backwards into shorter days; and cooler evening temps dipped down into the 40s and 50s here in East Texas. Time to cozy up to a warm fire and a cup of hot lemony tea

The very cool cobalt teapot was a recent gift from a friend. Although I've been enjoying lots of delightful tea from its depths, I have also secretly been savoring this china temple for the subject of a still life. So, when I spied the bright lush lemons in the produce section last weekend, I knew the time was ripe.

I decided to go with a very dark chocolate hue in the background, where the edges of the short and stout little teapot would melt into it. I was happy with the results, and with the subtle hints of complimentary purple and oranges in the shadows of fabric folds.

I think this painting will make pretty note cards. Check out my Website for full details.

 
Thanks for dropping by for low tea on a high note. 
nancy_____________________________________________________________________________________
To see more of my art or to contact me: Online Gallery  • E-mail  •  Website  •  Graphic Design Studio 

No comments:

Post a Comment