Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Quiet Light

"Quiet Light", 5x8", watercolor on cold press paper 

I painted this mini watercolor of the Madonna and Child to use on my Christmas cards, sadly, most of which never made it to the post office. I had great intentions but simply ran out of time. 

I've been having great fun working in watercolor again over past few months. I love the soft translucent effects and the looseness of the media which can say things I can't get with oils. My plan for the new year is to try and work in both watercolor and oil. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and holiday. I am sending you my belated wishes along with wishes for a bright New Year. 

May Mary’s quiet light bring peace and joy to your hearts.
-nancy

To see more of my art click Online Gallery  Email  • Website  •  Graphic Design Studio • Fine Art America

No comments:

Post a Comment