Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Humpty's Demise"

"Humpty's Demis" 6x6" Oil on canvas panel


This is my first attempt to paint a raw egg which I found to be quite a challenge. The yolk and shell halves were pretty easy but the transparent whites were a horse of another color. I struggled with the values trying to keep the egg whites light with just a tinge of yellow glow, but not so light that I would lose the bright white highlights that make it look all wet and shiny.

I didn't want to waste this egg, so I covered it with plastic wrap and stuck in the fridge. I am now working on another one...recycling and repurposing Humpty's decaying corpse in a new pose...now how "green" is that?

 

Thank you for viewing my painting.  - nancy
My Flickr Portfolio
My Graphic Design 

No comments:

Post a Comment