Thursday, March 10, 2011

SOLD "Beets Me" 6x6"

"Beets Me" 6x6" oil on museum quality panel
Click to Buy This
Why did I choose this subject matter? Beets the heck out of me? It looked like a heart with long arteries attached at one end; with twisting roots that gnarled around like giant whiskers of a chin at the other. 
The only trouble this model gave me was that his skin turned dry and dull under the hot lights in this not-so-still life. I solved the problem by rubbing it with olive oil which helped recover some of the shine and blood red color. 
I was going to use him again in another painting but my friend Patty told me about a to-die-for roasted beet salad recipe, so unfortunately this one's a goner. Let me know if you want the recipe though...it beets all the salad recipes I own!

Thank you for viewing my painting.  - nancy


 


No comments:

Post a Comment