Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cry of the Cock!

"Cry of the Cock!" 6x6" oil on canvas panel
Click to Bid

I really should have been a rooster, up and out of the house before the sun even thinks about peeking through the surrounding piney woods. However, on New Years Day I slept in a bit longer. When I walked into my kitchen to start the coffee brewing, I was greeted by the brightest of a new-year sun pushing and shoving its way through the wooden slats of the blinds, splashing luminous stripes of light beams like strobe lights across sleepy red walls of the breakfast nook. I grabbed my camera and started shooting the visual feast for this painting. 

It's the simple things in life that have the ability to surprise and delight us the most! Perhaps I need to sleep in more often or just change up my routine every now and then? No telling what other amazing things I'd find lurking about in the most overlooked of ordinary places.

Thanks for peeking in today!
nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment