Thursday, July 21, 2011

Launch of the Boating Party

"Launch of the Boating Party" 6x6" oil on gessoboard
An island in the sun, boats gather around this tropical resort casting sultry reflections that swirl a top foamy waters. This reminds me of all those exotic destinations where cruise ships, like flocks of graceful geese, silently maneuver their way into bustling tourist ports. I guess this is as close as I'll get to a vacation this summer but my mind is frolicking in the spray of ocean mist. Bon voyage!

I am trying out a smooth gesso surface with this painting and enjoyed not having to fight the rough waves of stiff canvas.

Thanks for viewing my painting!
nancy
 FREE SHIPPING
I am offering FREE shipping this summer within the U.S. on all paintings in my Daily Paint Works ebay and  Etsy stores. These small paintings look great in groups of two or more, and add interest and charm to an entry, kitchen, bath, sitting on a bookshelf, or other small areas. 
                                                                           FRAMES
To purchase online frames, check out the "floater" frames like those shown below. The paintings just gets glued onto it...super easy. http://www.kingofframe.com/6x6-Frames_c_22.html
 
   


No comments:

Post a Comment