Sunday, July 10, 2011

"No Present Like the Present"

"No Present Like the Present" 6x6" Oil on Canvas Panel
Click Here to Place a Bid


We all have heard the saying, "The present is a gift, that's why it's called the present", so here's my gift to the present. It's nearly impossible for me to ever stay in the present for very long, unless I am either meditating or painting. This is the best part of being a painter. I literally can't even tell you where I go but my mind disappears into thin air. From the book, The Art Spirit by Robert Henri this resonates with me, "At such times there is a song going on within us a song to which we listen. It fills us with surprise. We marvel at it. We would continue to hear it. But few are capable of holding themselves in the state of listening to their own song. Intellectuality steps in and as the song within us is of the utmost sensitiveness, it retires in the presence of the cold material intellect....we fall back and become our ordinary selves. Yet we live in the memory of these songs which in moments of intellectual inadvertence have been possible to us. They are the pinnacles of our experience and it is the desire to express these intimate sensations, this song from within, which motivates the masters of all art."  
Thank you for viewing my song for today!

nancy
 FREE SHIPPING
I am offering FREE shipping this summer within the U.S. on all paintings in my Daily Paint Works ebay and  Etsy stores. These small paintings look great in groups of two or more, and add interest and charm to an entry, kitchen, bath, sitting on a bookshelf, or other small areas. 
                                                                           FRAMES
To purchase online frames, check out the "floater" frames like those shown below. The paintings just gets glued onto it...super easy. http://www.kingofframe.com/6x6-Frames_c_22.html
   


1 comment:

  1. I love your work! It's the relationship with the words that really makes all your work a gift -- together they become the gift that keeps on giving.

    ReplyDelete