Monday, September 26, 2011

SOLD Eyes of Innocence

"Eyes of Innocence" 12x12" Oil on canvas
Click to bid

 
I don't paint many portraits but was simply awe struck with a recent photo of Annie, my three-year-old niece. Looking at her big expressive blue eyes, I couldn't help but think those eyes could have been what the Virgin Mary's eyes might have looked like as a child. With a look of wide-eyed wonder and unconscious innocence, did she have even a glimmer of understanding to where her life would lead? Somehow those eyes seem to reflect the unknowing, yet somehow knowing look of total acceptance for all that would unfold. I didn't think a 6x6" canvas could do justice to those eyes, so this one is a larger 12x12" canvas.
Thank you for viewing my painting.
nancy
FREE SHIPPING
I am offering FREE shipping within the U.S. on all paintings in my Daily Paint Works ebay and  Etsy stores. These small paintings look great in groups of two or more, and add interest and charm to an entry, kitchen, bath, sitting on a bookshelf, or other small areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment