Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall Show Offs

"Fall Show Offs" 8x6" oil on canvas panel

Have paint will travel!!! I just bought an awesome new lightweight portable easel, which collapses down to fit in my backpack. So last weekend, I thought I'd try a little plein air.  I am not sure if painting on your patio counts as plein air but after all, I was outside?

In a recent challenge, posted at DailyPaintWorks.com, artists were invited to go outside and paint the fall colors where they live. What a joke! Fall colors don't even exist in Texas where green things just turn brown, shrivel up and drop to the ground. In fact, we are still experiencing blistering temps with no end in sight...and along with the heat...the worst drought since the 1700s. I count myself lucky to have little color remaining in my poolside oasis, where drought tolerant potted beauties: purple Angelonia, golden Marmalade Rudbekia, yellow Ixora and hot pink Pentas continue to defy nature.

Lord have mercy, forecasters are predicting this dry weather pattern will continue for another year... I may need to start planting cactus.

Thanks for viewing!
nancy

FREE SHIPPING
I am offering FREE shipping within the U.S. on all paintings in my Daily Paint Works,  ebay and  Etsy stores. These small paintings look great in groups of two or more, and add interest and charm to an entry, kitchen, bath, sitting on a bookshelf, or  other small areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment