Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Give You My Heart

"I Give You My Heart" 6x6" oil on gessobord
Click to Bid


As Elton John would say, "Don't go breaking my heart." This little crimson ceramic heart balances in the shadowy-well of a slippery spoon, precariously suspended over the deep, bone-chilling chasm of white china. One false move and Miss Scarlet could find herself plunging into the deep abyss, crashing and shattering into countless pieces at the bottom of the cup ... and just like Humpty Dumpty ... never be put back together again.

Ever wonder why hearts are so fragile and vulnerable? Such a dichotomy for a rough-tough organ saddled with the enormous responsibility of life and death. Perhaps today we need to pause for a moment to say thanks to our hearts ... even if they do break from time to time.

Happy Valentine's Day! 
Thanks for viewing my painting for today.
nancy

2 comments: