Tuesday, February 21, 2012

In The Hood

"In The Hood" 6x6" oil on gessobord
Click to Bid

I have been having so much fun painting birds. I decided to buy a serious bird feeder, so I could get to know some of the locals in my hood. Sunday morning, I put the feeder up and filled it to the brim with bird seed and went inside to paint. When I peeked out the window several minutes later... to my total delight... there were were a pair of titmice munching down like they hadn't eaten for a week. Moments later these happy patrons became dining companions of this little Black Capped Chickadee; he was dressed to the hilt including his masked Zorro disguise. I nearly jumped out of my skin I was so excited!!! This was the first time I'd ever seen one that I recall? Funny how, until I started painting birds, with the exception of avifauna (cardinals, blue jays, robins, sparrows and crows), I was never able to recognize or identify any of the other birds. What a gift this has been as a whole new world has opened before my eyes. I wonder what other priceless treasures I am blind to in the world which surrounds me?

Today a cute cardinal couple discovered the free handouts and hung about most of the early morning. All was well until Suzy squirrel got wind of the grand opening of my fast food avian diner and made a total pig out herself...what a mess!

Thanks for dropping by for the feast today.

nancy

My graphic design: www.graphicdesigngroup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment