Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Not One Step Closer...

"Not One Step Closer" 6x6" Oil on gessobord

...or I'll drill you full of holes." This tough looking mean guy is a Western Scrub-Jay, the Blue Jay of dry western lowlands. I certainly would hate to meet him in a dark alley. Maybe I am just jay prejudice, or perhaps suffering from post traumatic stress after being attacked by a mother blue jay whose baby birds had fallen out of their nest. I was only 10 years old at the time and wanted to rescue them from neighborhood cats lurking nearby. I had barely gotten within an arms reach before momma jay started dive bombing me. I thought for sure I was going to end up like those eyeball-less dead people in Alfred Hitchcock's, The Birds. Scared the living daylights out of me as she proceeded to drill my skull full of holes. 

I do love the rich deep blue color of these guys but I'll just do any appreciating from the safety of a photo.

Hope you enjoyed the bird watching? I've really have been having fun with these birds.

Thanks for viewing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment