Monday, March 19, 2012

Mini Munchkin

Mini Munchkin, 6x6" Oil on canvas


With spring in the air, instead of painting last weekend, I spent all day Saturday working in my yard. My yard is looking so much happier, but the downside is I didn't have any paintings to post. I worked on a landscape for several hours on Sunday and had it just about completed, but then decided I didn't like it and wiped my canvas clean and started on this nude instead.

I have been wanting to practice painting skin tones but didn't have a model. Flesh is a grizzly bear for me to paint, so I figured this would be a great exercise. I found this tiny rubber baby which is actually a to-scale model of a 12-week-old fetus and held it in my left hand while painting with my right. Not exactly easy, but the baby fit so perfect in my palm and looked sweet all snuggled up in the cradle of my hand.

I need lots more practice on skin tones but every time I try, I am learning something new. Slowly but surely with lots more practice, I hope to keep improving day by day.

Thanks for letting me bare my soul today!

nancy

My graphic design: www.graphicdesigngroup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment