Monday, March 26, 2012

Loves Me, Loves Me Not

"Loves Me, Loves Me Not" 6x6" oil on canvas panel

Click to Bid

"You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming." 
—Pablo Neruda

We had a couple to dinner over the weekend; my centerpiece was this old vase beaming with yellow pom daisies. I figured I better paint them quickly before more petals decided to take their final bow.

Author John O'Donohue said, "A room that is yellow can throw a glad brightness back into the space it surrounds." I love the freshness of this color, as most of the walls of my house are painted a soft tint of yellow. However during our dinner, between the glow of candle light, the yellow walls and the brilliance of the daisies, my dining room was literally bursting with such luminosity, you practically needed sunglasses! In fact, the vibrations were so intense, my demure purple vase was totally blown over from the blinding rays, as the grapes huddled together sheltering their faces in the shadows.

Thanks for ringing round my pitcher full of posies today!

nancy

My graphic design: www.graphicdesigngroup.net



No comments:

Post a Comment