Tuesday, May 8, 2012

SOLD -Puttin' on the Ritz

"Puttin' on the Ritz", 6x6" oil on gessobord

"Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation. Foolish preparation?" — Jane Austen

 

If the hat fits wear it ... but if it doesn't fit wear it anyway! Meet Juliet our youngest almost-three-year-old granddaughter caught on camera as she delights in playing dress up in a huge green hat and blue satin slippers. Painting children is really a challenge, however it does seem to capture Juliet's joyful and playful little spirit in the moment.

Why is it when we are little we can't wait to grow up, and then once we're grown we want to go back? The grass always seems greener everywhere except where we happen to be. Perhaps the secret is to learn to water the grass where we are, and see what interesting things spring up. Or... as an alternative to watering... put up a bird feeder in your backyard and never know what the heck it is that's sprouting up all over your grass. I can personally guarantee that spot of your yard will be greener. 

BTW, speaking of seizing the moment, Dave and I are going to hit the road again in our pop-up camper this summer. We're planning to head for mountains and rivers to fly fish and paint somewhere out west. Yee-ha! I've been itching to paint more landscapes in plein air. I guess I'm still looking for greener pastures?

Thanks for trying on my blog... carpe diem! (translated from Latin, seize the day)
nancy

 
To view all of my available paintings in my gallery click here http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/nancy-parsons-122  * Sold pieces are marked with a red dot.

My blog: www.headondownthehighway.blogspot.com
My graphic design business: www.graphicdesigngroup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment