Tuesday, May 1, 2012

West Texas Landscape

"West Texas Landscape" 6x6" oil on canvas board


"I must say as to what I have seen of Texas, it is the garden spot of the world, the best land and the best prospects for health I ever saw, and I do believe it is a fortune to any man to come here."


— Alamo hero, Davey Crockett

"We're not in Kansas, To-To." This painting was taken from a photo I snapped from our 2010 camping trip. We had just crossed back across the state line into the Texas Panhandle when we happened upon these huge gleaming silos. "Tin Man" eat your heart out! These structures jutted out against the barren flat plains like penguins in Africa. "Oil can"... my brain's a little rusty but I think this may be part of a grain elevator?  Irregardless of what they really are, these metallic sculptures could have been the entrance into Silver City.
 
Humm Dorothy.... I didn't get the connection while painting, but now I understand why I felt the need to make the sky dark and funnel threatening. Funny how our subconscious minds work.

Thanks for dropping in to view my U.S.O. (unidentified stationary objects).  
nancy
To view all of my available paintings in my gallery click here http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/nancy-parsons-122  * Sold pieces are marked with a red dot. 

My blog: www.headondownthehighway.blogspot.com
My graphic design business: www.graphicdesigngroup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment