Sunday, July 1, 2012

Down By The Bay


Down By The Bay 10x8" Oil on gessobord



"All rivers, even the most dazzling, those that catch the sun in their course, all rivers go down to the ocean and drown. And life awaits man as the sea awaits the river."
~Simone Schwarz-Bart

In case you've been wondering where I have disappeared to for the past couple of weeks, we've been camping on Lake Conroe, and then spent six days on Galveston Island. I painted most every day, but was unable to post without any Wi-Fi service. Drats! Oh well, at least I have some new work ready to post this week.


This painting was a killer! I painted it plein air in 100 degree weather while battling countless armies of the hungriest bay-area mosquitoes I've ever encountered. As the sacrificial lamb, I am still covered with bites, but what the heck...somebody had to do it. ; )

Here's a photo of my granddaughter Hayley feeding the gulls with scraps of bread. This was out on the deck of the house where we were staying. It was a perfect spot located on the canals and overlooking the coastal bay. The surrounding sights were an estuary of delights. The warm sea grasses dotted the water's banks and surface in bright green patches dotted with an array of scavengers including: heron, egrets, gulls and pelicans swooping down for a catch.   

Thank you for floating by to view my painting.   
nancy
 
To view all of my available paintings in my gallery click here http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/nancy-parsons-122  * Sold pieces are marked with a red dot.
My blog: www.headondownthehighway.blogspot.com
My graphic design business: www.graphicdesigngroup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment