Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hide Me, I'm Scared

"Hide Me I'm Scared" 6x6" oil on gessobord
 
"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves 
at the same time."
— Thomas Merton


In this not-so-still life, painted in plein air, my heliophobic orb  tried his best to avoid the sun's scorching rays. He quickly ducked behind the glass and bucket, where he hung out all afternoon on the shady side of the table totally unaware of his transparent cover. By the end of the day, despite massive coatings of SPF 50, he suffered a brutal Sunkist ... just look at that rind! What a shame ... now he's sure to peel! Stay tuned as the saga continues.

Thank you for peaking in to view my painting and for listening to this juicy tale of woe!  
 
nancy

 


To view all of my available paintings in my gallery click here http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/nancy-parsons-122  * Sold pieces are marked with a red dot.
My blog: www.headondownthehighway.blogspot.com
My graphic design business: www.graphicdesigngroup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment