Monday, November 21, 2011

Sweet Spot

6x6" oil on canvas panel

Last week was busy on so many levels that I wasn't able to carve out much time for painting. Then we spent the entire weekend in Fort Worth for more of my husband's poetry readings. I had hoped to paint a landscape en plein air but with the prediction of thunderstorms opted to paint this cozy indoor scene of the corner of our room high above the Trinity River and downtown Fort Worth with its nostalgic stockyards. 
 
The highlight of the weekend was the "Caravaggio and His Circle in Rome" exhibit at the Kimbell Art Museum. Caravaggio, a highly-influential figure in the history of art  (1571–1610), overturned the artistic conventions of his day and created stunningly dramatic paintings, both sacred and secular. A powerful exhibit!!! If you get the chance to go...you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for viewing my work!
nancy

FREE SHIPPING WITHIN USA
I am offering FREE shipping within the U.S. on all paintings in my Daily Paint Works and Etsy stores. These small paintings work great in groups of two or more, and add interest and charm to an entry, kitchen, bath, sitting on a bookshelf, or other small areas.

INTERNATIONAL PURCHASES AND SHIPPING:  Shipping charges are based on actual weight, contact me directly to arrange for online payments and shipping cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment