Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Strolling Sicily

"Strolling Sicily" 8x6" oil on canvas panel

Overview of Taormina
Today's painting was taken from a photo while strolling along the streets of Taormina, Sicily. This was a stop along the 10-day Mediterranean cruise I recently mentioned in my blog. A region of Italy, Sicily is the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. I fell in love with this charming little city, its quaint streets, and Mt. Etna looming in the background.

Believing that less is always more, I decided to simplify this painting by leaving out several overhanging balconies adorned with window boxes overflowing with colorful flowers. There was so much going on in the busy scene already, I wanted the viewer's attention to be drawn to the couple walking along in the drizzling rain, creating those magnificent reflections in the cool illuminated cobblestone walkway. 

Taormina why, must we say goodbye? My family and I only had one day to spend in Taormina, I would have loved to have stayed longer, but as you can see, I have not forgotten thee. 

Thanks for viewing my painting!

nancy  

FREE SHIPPING WITHIN USA
I am offering FREE shipping within the U.S. on all paintings in my Daily Paint Works and Etsy stores. These small paintings work great in groups of two or more, and add interest and charm to an entry, kitchen, bath, sitting on a bookshelf, or other small areas.

INTERNATIONAL PURCHASES AND SHIPPING:  S
hipping charges are based on actual weight, contact me directly to arrange for online payments and shipping cost.



No comments:

Post a Comment